Monday, October 16, 2023

Fuselage center section #65 - Rollover bar part 3!

Final prep to the rollover bar parts tonight.  

Match drilled the latch bracket to the rollbar.

Match drilled the latch switch bracket to the rollbar.  The #43 hole gets drilled then you drill the rollbar and the rollbar reinforcement plate to #30.  This serves as a relief for the switch bracket screw.  Or at least I think it does.

Next I had to clip the corners off of these rollbar support braces.


Then I dimpled these braces per the directions.  Be careful here as you will likely have to grind a flat on the side of your dimple die to prevent it from bending these tabs.

Then they have you dimple these two screw holes to #8 after drilling them to #17 which is a weird size but I just do as I am told.  One of them is a tooling hole and is already larger than #17.

Then I used this template to drill the holes for the latch guide block.

Then you have to countersink these holes for flush rivets because the latch bracket sits on top of them.

Then I countersunk all the top rollbar holes that will end up under the plexi canopy.  I went a tad deeper than flush because I don't want these rubbing on the glass.

Next I countersunk this piece of kryptonite!  Some engineer at Van's is laughing at us I know!  Use an old bit because this thing will wreck the bit instantly.  Just go slow, use a ton of boelube and swear allot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment