Sunday, October 8, 2023

Fuselage center section #57 - Primer day!

 Today I primed all the parts I had prepped.




This was one of my largest priming batches to date on this build.

Then I got started with some of the very rewarding assembly and final riveting.   First the seat back brace gets riveted to the aft side of the fwd vertical bulkhead.
Then these tie plates that end up connecting everything together and serving as the mount point for the roll over bar.  Some of these rivets are at the extreme limit of their grip distance.  I think Van's should move up a grip size on some of these but I just follow directions.  Eagle eye'd viewers will notice an omission I made.  Not gonna say where but it is an easy fix.


Then the seat back angle adjust slots get riveted on the back brace.

And finally the seat back brace gusset plate gets installed.  Two holes are left open on both sides for some reason I will learn down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment