Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Fuselage center section #46 - Firewall/footwell attach to fuse and fuel lines!

Got started tonight by clecoing the firewall assembly to the fuse center section.  I am not riveting it on yet because I want to go ahead and work on the long fuel lines that go in the center section first.  This will allow some more flexibility to flare the lines.



Skipped ahead to these fittings that penetrate the firewall shelf.  This is so I have a landing point for the fuel lines.

These get installed with sealant and clocked as shown.

Then I skipped to the part where this bypass assembly gets put together.  I used teflon paste here per the KAI's.

All done!

First two fuel lines mocked up and temp installed.


To flare these ends, I ended up detaching the firewall assembly and pushing the lower skin out of the way.  This is why I left the forward section of the bottom skin loose for now.

This thing is getting big!





The fuel bypass assembly temp installed.  Now I can make the line that goes all the way to the filter and the other one that goes all the way to the tank.  Having this mocked up allows me to measure and cut the lines properly and be able to flare them with the flaring tool I have.

I then straightened a huge section of fuel line that will become these two long lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment