Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Fuselage center section #33 - Foot floor area part assembly

 Came home today after work and got the floor rib area parts primed.  Then after they were dry I finished the riveting of this area.

MMMMM, primed ribs!

I backtracked and riveted in these covers.  I forgot these on the last riveting session.

I almost screwed up but took another glance at the KAI's and realized that this cap does not actually cap the verticals like it did on my RV7, it sits on the forward web of the verticals.

Rivets here were hand pulled.

I then riveted the heavy angles onto the ribs.

And then riveted the ribs to the bulkhead.  Used the angle tool on all of these.
Other side done.  Pay close attention to the orientation of these parts.

They have you use these AN4 bolts as a temporary alignment tool.

Then rivet the heavy angles only.  Apparently those are the critical players.

Right side done.

Left side done.

Finished up with these snap bushings and this plastic bushing.


No comments:

Post a Comment