Thursday, April 13, 2023

Stabilator Prep Part 2

 Working on prepping the parts for the Stabilator spar cap box - 1.25 man hours.

Deburr the outer edges of the spar caps.

the 1" wheel and the die grinder makes quick work of the inside holes.

Used the pencil engraver to mark the orientation of the parts which is super critical in this case.  Van's uses the same tool to mark main wing spars so it is OK to use if done properly.

I would pay Van's extra to stop using these paper tamperproof stickers to ID parts.  Please! Please! Please! switch to vinyl stickers!

Use this 1" wheel to get inside holes.

Deburring the edges of the spar cap box ribs.

Got to do some riveting of this subassembly before moving on so I will try and get this small batch of parts primed this evening.  I must mow my lawn after work before I need a bush hog to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment