Sunday, April 30, 2023

Bulkheads!

 Tonight I got started on tailcone assembly.   2.5 man hours

Anti wear block riveting.

Top of big bulkhead riveting.

Almost forgot the SB!

Reinforcement brackets for the bulkheads.

Top of middle bulkhead riveted.

Bottom of middle one done.

Bottom of aft one done.

Top of aft bulkhead assembly.

Used the squeezer for all these.

All done!

Backside.

Machine countersinking the nutplate attach holes.

Using the vice and a socket to squeeze the bushing into place.

Done!
Assembling the aft most bulkhead.


Followed the directions and used the squeezer to get to all these rivets.  I could not get the ones that are not highlighted (disregard the nutplates) without a 3" yoke so I just used the rivet gun and my tungsten bucking bar to set these rivets the old fashioned way.  Some of the rivets called out by Van's are too short.  I used my experience to pick the correct length.  There are some blind rivets used here that at first seem unnecessary but they are not possible to squeeze due to interference.  I could have bucked them the traditional way but decided to go with the Van's plan.

All done!

Other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment