Monday, April 10, 2023

Anti-Servo tab final assembly

Primed and assembled the anti-servo tabs this evening - 3 man hours.

Disclaimer:  Don't judge me on the clutter in my shop.  I had to move my hangar back home, my wife has an Ebay reselling business, and my oldest daughter has a ton of her stuff stored here while she is in school.  Hence why I am building a she shed with tons of storage!  LOL


All the parts were etched and scrubbed with maroon Scotchbrite and EkoEtch.  Then hung up to dry.


Parts were then primed with EkoPoxy.  Was a challenge to get the insides of these skins.  I ended up using two weights on the bottom one to pull them both open a bit which worked great.

The aftermath.  Cut my first batch of primer too close and had to mix a bit more.  I hate wasting this high dollar stuff!

Riveted the top of the skins to the ribs.

One side done.

Next side done.
Ribs on the inside.

Riveted the control horn on the root rib.

Used the longeron yoke for this.  Careful not to catch the flanges or the blind rivet tails with the yoke.

Control horns all riveted.

Next is riveting the spars to the top skins.


One side done.

Other side done.

Next comes riveting the hinge to the lower skin and spar.

The hinge goes on with the eyelets turned away from the tab and pointing up.  The hinge does not extend over to the root rib.

Half of the rivets are in.

Other half of them are done.

Two finished anti-servo tabs!  On to the stabilator.


No comments:

Post a Comment